This particular M&E Contractor are currently have a current turnover of £150M in which they have seen significant growth especially in the last 5 years. Having been established just over 60 years ago, they work throughout several sectors including Commercial, Residential, Education, Healthcare & Data Centre’s for Tier 1 Contractors such as: MACE, ISg, McLaren & Sir Robert McAlpine. As well as, dabbling within the Data Centre market abroad, either working as a the principal contractor or working for a Tier 1 Main Contractor. These projects will typically range between £1M – £40M (MEP Value). With a traditional engineering mindset and reinvestment into new principals, the business expects 2020 to be a similar period of growth.
Due to continued growth, they are now looking to bolster their commercial team with another Commercial Manager in the heart of Central London. They will be reporting directly into the Group Commercial Director and will be overseeing a team of surveyors that vary in level.
- A minimum 3 year’s experience in an Senior M&E QS role
- Delivery of schemes in excess of £10M
- Well presented with good organisational and communication skills
- Ambitious with a ‘can do approach to work’
- A willingness to learn and further their experience and education
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To carry out monthly valuations of work in progress, including forecasting of final costs and sales.
- Prepare and monitor project cashflow forecasts.
- Measure, value, submit and negotiate contract variations.
- Provide advice to project staff on commercial and contractual matters including reviewing and drafting of correspondence.
- Prepare submit and negotiate project final accounts.
- Commercial vetting of sub contractor tenders and contracts.
- Certification of subcontractor monthly valuations and final accounts.
- Ensure that business commercial processes are adhered to at project level.
- Preparation and adherence to project purchasing targeting and costing budgets.
- Development of junior staff.
- £100,000 – £110,000 basic salary
- Travel expenses
- Levant Mustafi – 07777 654321