A Technical Services Manager with experience delivering engineering maintenance to large commercial towers is required for a client-side position in the City of London.
You will oversee a team consisting of a Shift Manager and a 24/7 team of Shift Leaders/Engineers, providing maintenance to the iconic building that is owned by the company itself.
Experience within commercial towers is essential.
This multi-national asset management company owns significant parts of skylines all over the world.
They self-deliver building maintenance/operations and have an outstanding reputation for staff retention and staff care.
As well as offering fantastic salaries and packages, the company has a large budget for training & development, placing an emphasis on professional development amongst their staff.
Experience and Requirements
- Relevant electrical/mechanical engineering qualifications – NVQ Level 3.
- Eng or C.Eng status is preferred.
- IOSH or NEBOSH.
- Previous experience in maintaining a large commercial tower/building.
- 5+ years of management experience within FM.
- To manage, promote and be responsible for the efficient operation and maintenance of the technical services and fabric management of the property.
- To be accountable for the rostering of technical staff as necessary and to ensure appropriate cover for staff absence is in place.
- To assist the General Manager with the formulation of annual budgets and to ensure that works planned within these budgets are implemented effectively and economically and the programme dates achieved.
- Management of service costs in line with budget (or agreed variances) associated with planned maintenance, projects, and repair works.
- Fully responsible for ensuring that the Landlord’s electrical, mechanical, HVAC, public health, life safety, vertical transport, facade access and general services equipment are maintained in accordance with the agreed specifications and all such services always operate efficiently.
- To schedule and monitor the planned maintenance for the building and ensure that all works are carried out efficiently and economically and that the required records are maintained.
This is a client-side position, working for an employee-first organisation with an impeccable reputation.
The salary range depending on experience is £70,000 – £80,000 (Negotiable) and includes a fantastic package:
- 9% Pension – 7.5% Employer Contribution
- 25 days holiday (plus one per year up to 30 days)
- Medical Insurance
- Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Travel insurance
- Health checks
- Life insurance (x4 salary)
- Overtime Available
- Annual pay review
- They will match any charitable donations you make up to £2,500 per year.
- 20 weeks of paid maternity leave
- Other fantastic and unique benefits